About Barbara Wilmot -
Barbara is a resourceful and versatile business professional with more than 20 years business experience.
She specialises in:
Barbara Wilmot has gained extensive knowledge and experience within:
- Undertaking process consulting designed to take
service companies with immature business development processes to a
position of self sufficiency
- Spearheading and developing marketing
initiatives and strategies, including lead generation
- Targeting new market segments and developing
profitable new revenue streams
- Proactively networking amongst prospective
clients to ensure all contacts arising from initiatives and strategies
- Developing and running bespoke or industry
specific training programmes and workshops
- Facilitating the
Margerison McCann Team Management Profile psychometric tool
- Coaching executives, for whom English is not the native language, to communicate more effectively in an international business environment
Before establishing BW Consulting, for nearly 10 years she
developed revenue and commercial opportunities for the TNS group by
raising its profile and broadening the customer base for branded solutions
and services. She also established within the TNS group the concept of a
proactive, marketing led, business development function, focused on
providing tailored solutions to potential new clients.
- Professional Services
- Public Sector
- Charities and Voluntary Sector
Example projects include:
- A bespoke two day training course for 100
Operational Managers, designed to develop an appreciation of the
importance of building relationships with internal clients and
stakeholders, together with practical steps for implementation.
- A ten month contract working with an embryonic
marketing team to help them develop their immature systems and processes
to a position of self sufficiency.
- Employing the
Margerison McCann Team Management Profile to
identify clear job roles and foster greater trust and cohesion within a
team facing a major re-structuring.
- Assessed issues impacting on the commercial
performance of a software agency's client facing teams, with focus given
to staff training and development, marketing and strategy.
- Through coaching, developed various
client-facing teams to help them co-ordinate their commercial activities
and implement strategies appropriate to differing expertise and
- Put in place marketing strategies and plans for
a French-based, newly acquired arm of an international research agency.
- Involved in the successful UK launch for the
British start-up of a European agency, and helped launch their
- For a struggling division of a research agency,
identified and helped them target 20 top prospect companies from which
briefs exceeding one hundred thousand pounds were obtained.
- Participated in the successful launch of a
significant new product for a medium sized market research agency, which
included a series of pitch meetings with prospective new clients.